Tuesday 18 June 2013

Ode to ice tea

Strangely enough for an English woman who doesn't drink tea I've become a little attached to ice tea.

Tea at the theatre at hieropolis.

Rediscovering this decades after first experiencing it on the continent on school trips, a cold refreshing ice tea hits the spot when water is too bland and beer too much.


Plus now they have lots of flavours! No more lemon ice tea for me!


Oh ice tea - how do I love thee?
Let me count the ways...

Thirst quenching peach 
is perfect for all day on the pebbly beach

After visiting ancient civilisations 
magnificent mango is quite the sensation 

There is nothing more wonderfully pukka
than ice tea on a boat, motherf*cker!

Classic lemon is quite the tart treat
when you are having masses of grilled meat

Forgoing a slurp of that lovely ice tea 
when the bus ride is long and there no place to pee

After hours in the sun in which we perspired 
sometimes two ice teas are required!

Three lira, four lira, five lira, six,
don't care what it costs, just give me my fix!

Summer is never better than
when sipping ice tea through a straw in a can




No comments:

Post a Comment